Yesterday was the first day of school and it was...scary. Like, I'm scared for my life this year. And I mean social/home life. These kids are crazy!
I spent the better part of the day worrying about Harry, we shall call him, as he was wandering around my room getting into to EVERYTHING. He is autistic so I thought I'd let him do what he needed to do for a while, but after a while when (after like 3 hours) I asked him to join the group he would yell "ABSOLUTELY NOT! THIS DUCK IS DONE!". I mean I don't even know how to answer such a response. I had to try not the laugh the first couple of times but then it got old... The really funny part is when Harry screams "No", the rest of the kids look at me with anticipation like "OMG what is she gonna do about him". They look at him then me-back and forth. all day. I think right now the score is Harry: 10 Mrs. Pate: 0. (doesn't Mrs. Pate look funny?!)
The late afternoon was not as funny. We all started to smell something a lot like death. No one was owning up to any "accidents" of any sort. Regretfully, I thought it was Harry. It wasn't. Turns out the kid who had been making the biggest fuss over the poo smell had a big poo in his pants. There's no telling how long it had been in there. My nose had become numb, but the coaches were able to sniff out the culprit.
Let's hope round two goes better.
No comments:
Post a Comment