Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Lucy!

Whoa! Two posts in one day?! But, lots of you (like all of 8 of you), have been asking about the sewing class. So far I cut out the pattern, which is named "Lucy"! I'm making it for Lucy James, how cute is that?

Anyway, this is what I'm working with:
Jon's Aunt Ruth was so sweet to give me her sewing machine.

I may be the youngest person in the class, but I definitely have the oldest machine. Circa 1957!


This is the back.

And the front

Here is the fabric. The gingham is the liner. The teacher seems to think this dress is going to be reversible, but I'm not too sure about that.
  

I bought another fabric to go with the same liner just in care the first one is a disaster. If Lucy James is lucky she may end up with two semi normal looking dresses. 
And yes, that is the same liner fabric-I don't know why it looks so different.

Is this going to be machine washable you think? Just wondering?

Jon and his dad have been working on a little project of their own! Please excuse Gunny.


Decker Decking! If Jon's dad didn't get him started who knows when this thing would be complete, but it's almost finished now!


It's sooooo big. Like we could host a middle school dance on this thing! I love it so far and so do the pups! Jon sure is a Jack of all trades!


Ok that's all for now. For real.

1 comment:

  1. Love the dress! We're so excited. And the deck too...send Jon this way when he's done :o)

    ReplyDelete