Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sewing classes-don't laugh. I'm for real.

Started sewing classes last night, even though I was SO tired from Harry and crew. I showed up with my ridiculously heavy sewing machine and turns out we have some terms to cover before we get to sew anything! I was kinda bummed, but considering I could barely read a paragraph in the machine manual without googling every other word, I guess knowing some of the terminology wouldn't hurt.

Blakeley and Courtney are taking the class with me; it's a good thing too because all the other women are either preggers or they all seem to have a ton of kids at home that they are just now trying to figure out how to clothe. Courtney was hoping this was like a sips n' strokes type of thing where we could drink a little wine and sew as we please. It is so clearly not. I think we may annoy some of our classmates...

And because I know you are dying to know, day three at school was a little bit better, but I don't want y'all to get excited for me or anything; it's still pretty bad. I told my other autistic boy today to get a band-aid out of the "lunchroom basket". Which is just a little basket we carry with us to lunch for extra napkins, wet wipes, band-aids, you know the basics. Well he grabbed a friend and headed off to the lunchroom to get himself a band-aid. I noticed they were both gone and one of my little girls, Miss Priss, tells me they left. I ran after them and caught up with them right after they ran into my principal and he was trying to figure why they were asking the lunch ladies for a band-aid. Of course, I tried to explain my little friends' confusion and it just sounded ridiculous as I was saying it. He looked at me like he may actually feel sorry about the class role he gave me, but it was only for a half a second....

No comments:

Post a Comment