It's that time of the year again.
I know you are probably thinking about new year's resolution time, but let's not kid ourselves-I am not good at resolutions.
So, no that's not the time of year that I'm talking about.
It is "new student in your class" season.
I got a "new friend" (that's a little teacher talk for ya) the week before Christmas and another "new friend" when we returned to school. It's the second one that you are going to love!
She is kinda famous in our school. Well, her siblings are and she has so far proven to be a lot like them. I might even go so far as to say that her siblings are "infamous", but I think is going to be just plain FAMOUS. I know you are freaking out with curiosity right now.
She and her older siblings went to our school and then moved for about a year and now they are back. She is a very bright little girl, which just for the sake of keepin' it real, is a pretty rare thing when you are talking about this phenomena of children who arrive around Christmas time. She is super animated and has a really squeaky/raspy voice. Picture a miniature female Will Ferrell in Elf mode YEAR ROUND. That's how happy and enthusiastic she is about EVERYTHING!
Smiling is so her favorite! So is hugging me, tapping me, laughing, dancing, chatting, etc. She likes it all.
She sat across from me at lunch today and told me:
"I'm so happy to sit by you! I've never sat by you ever! (we've only known each other two days) And now I am going to sit by you EVERYDAY so we can just chit chat!" and did I mention she is saying this super fast and and her eyes look like they may bulge out of her head?
I can't help but laugh at her and so then she giggles and gets up and hugs me. That's the thing with this one, you never know when she is going to get up and hug you or anyone else.
I mean, I just don't even know if I am doing her justice, but I wanted to tell you about her because I have a feeling you are going to hear about her a lot between now and May 26.
For future reference, her name will be Skipper. Yes, as in Barbie's little sis. Seemed like a good fit.
I'll keep you posted.

I think Skipper & I would be great friends. Does she like the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup???
ReplyDeleteheck yes, she does. mom wants a Skipper to carry around in her pocket. i think she is jealous of my job.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear more about her!!! HAY AY!!!!! Have a good week!
ReplyDelete