Libby, I need to go ahead and warn you. You are most likely not going to be comfortable with this post.
We went to dinner with Kate and Gray McMillian on Friday night and he mentioned that he was flying this weekend so, of course I took the liberty to invite Jon and myself to tag along!
We got to the Birmingham Flight Center around 9 and pretty much hopped right in the plane. I asked Gray if I needed to sign some kind of waiver and he said, "nah, you'll be alright!".
We got to the Birmingham Flight Center around 9 and pretty much hopped right in the plane. I asked Gray if I needed to sign some kind of waiver and he said, "nah, you'll be alright!".
Jon was nice enough to let me have shotgun.
Look how close those little tom toms are to the rudder pedal things!
Don't worry, I sat very still.
Doesn't Jon look cute in his headset?
Here's our pilot!
Who wouldn't trust this guy?
And look who he trusts...
Lake Guntersville
And we're back, with a fabulously smooth landing I might add!
This is Jon being really helpful while Gray pushes the plane back to it's little parking spot.
And tying it down.
See Libby, safe and sound on the ground!
Oh yeh, and I cut my hair off!
Don't judge too harshly; that headset did a number on it.
I have tears in my eyes and feel like I might pass out. Please don't ever do that again.
ReplyDeleteRiding in a tiny airplane is definitely on my list of "nah, I'm good but you go right ahead while I stay planted firmly on the ground." Glad you had a good time!
ReplyDelete