Monday, December 6, 2010

Toot Toot

Okay, first of all War Eagle! 

I have been MIA because.......well, I don't really have a good excuse.

Now, I don't want to "toot" my own horn or anything, but I'm really proud of my tree skirt that I whipped up yesterday! 

Not so proud of the photography of the tree skirt, but that's another issue. 

I tried to document the process, but it's pretty simple. I sewed the skirt together with a liner. Then I stitched on these crazy puff balls! 


This is the pinning process which is pretty much zero fun, but Jon's mom taught the that using a stapler is just as good and way easier. I haven't gotten the right stapler yet, so it's still pins for me.


And there she is under the tree!


I wish it was a little bigger, but I'll just make another one some day! I used leftover fabric from pillows the I recovered and the balls were not expensive. I used this online tutorial. The lady is crazy and super annoying, but she sure can make a tree skirt.

I can't show you a pic of the whole thing because I'm ashamed of our light job on the tree. Feel free to text Jon and make him feel bad about it; he refuses to add more.


1 comment: