Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cookie?

Today I had a little boy who was complaining that his stomach hurt all day. He really was miserable, but the nurse wasn't buying it so I decided to call his mom myself.

 I asked him what his mom's name is. 

He says, "Momma". 

Duh...?

"Okay, but what do other people call her?"

"Oh, Cookie!"

"People at work call her Cookie?"

"Oh no, just my Dad calls her that."

Okay, so obviously he is not helpful. 

I look it up and tell him, 
"Your mom's name is Shafonda (not really, but close). Cookie must be her nickname."

"Oooh, yeh then Momma must be her first name."


I know you must think I'm kidding, but this is seriously pretty 
typical of the conversations I have on a daily basis.

2 comments:

  1. AY. I have found your blog. It is hysterical! I love your stories!!! Hope yall are doing well and hope to see yall soon.

    EWood

    ReplyDelete
  2. EWood your comment made me so excited! Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself, but it's kinda therapeutic either way! Glad you found me. Hope we see you around soon!

    ReplyDelete