Sunday, October 24, 2010

Color Blind

Last week at school, two interesting things came out of some little ones mouths. Actually, more than two things, but these two stood out. 

Remember the little one who announced that  he "ain't no lady" and that he is a pimp? 

Well one day last week, a girl in his class who could not be any "whiter" if she tried, hopped out of line to give this big black lady a great big hug. She was a mom waiting to go to lunch with her child and this little girl knew her from somewhere. The little "pimp" looked at her and said "oh, is that yo momma?". And, he was so serious. 

Then Friday afternoon on the playground, this little boy, who has a lot in common with my friend Harry, came up to tattle on a boy that he didn't know for something silly. 

He said "Miss Pate, the boy in the brown skin just ran up the slide!"

First of all, why are you that worried about him going up the slide? And, his skin is not just like the outfit he chose to wear that day!

They were just weird quotes that stuck with me, but they are so typical. There is a lot more that I should probably share with you, but I think I am becoming so used to it that I forget how funny these kids are!

No comments:

Post a Comment