I spent part of this past summer pining away over lots of beautiful gliders that I "had to have".
These are a few...
Funny thing is...Jon Pate says "they are not in the budget".
But this little lady was in the budget!
That's because she cost $12 at the Jimmy Hale Mission Thrift Store!
Gross, I know.
Well, really she was $24 and then when I was paying for her, they told me that she was %50 off so I figured it was meant to be! She smelled pretty bad, so she had to hang out on the deck for a while and air out, but I just kept telling myself if it doesn't work out I've only invested $12 so far!
She swivels and rocks and I do like her shape. She is pretty darn comfy too, which I'm sure will prove important.
A friend told me about a nice old lady named Geneva who recovers things way out in the middle of nowhere, Alabama (which actually happens to be pretty close to my school). She is super cheap, so it would be worth the drive anyway.
She recovered it, added fluff to the arm rests, and replaced the nasty cushion and viola!
She recovered it, added fluff to the arm rests, and replaced the nasty cushion and viola!
She's no Layla Grace Rocker, but I have a feeling Baby Pate won't mind!





No comments:
Post a Comment