Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Remember me?

Where have I been?
Well for one thing, there has been a lot going on around here. Not that I have been participating in much of it, but this picture proves that I did help paint a little. 
 I thought I was going to be able to use the "preggos can't paint" excuse forever, but Jon squashed that with his ridiculous gas mask!



I really shouldn't make fun of him because he sure has been one productive "pops-to-be"!
First he gutted the closets in the pip's room. They were not very "user friendly".
(In case you don't know, this baby has lots of nicknames because "baby" gets old. Pippa is the most frequently used even though some say it's name gender neutral. That started during the royal wedding weekend when my sister and cousins thought it would be great to name it Pippa Pate! They were drinking champagne and I was not of, course, but I think it's a great fetus name. I hope we can stop though and call it by it's real name when he/she arrives!)


Also, notice the pretty window in there. He installed new windows in this room as well. He "salvaged" them from an old abandoned/condemned house in Bessemer that had the same style windows our house originally had. If that means nothing to you, I'll just remind you that that is where Mr. Gip lives. Remember him from this post. I thought he was a little crazy, but when I reminded myself of the $15,000 estimate we got to replace all the windows I was on board for sure!

Anyway, then the closets looked like this.
Closet #1
Closet #2
Yikes! I know.

But no worries, because now they look like this!

Closet #1
Closet #2
I bet you are saying "are those stripes I'm seeing?"Why yes they are! Courtesy of the husband again!

Look at him striping away!

I'm obsessed with how they turned out.


We still have a long way to go, but I figured I better do an update before blogger.com gets rid of my account due to a lack of recent activity. Oh and did I mention, he planted three trees somewhere in between all of this!? 

If you're wondering about the first day of school, you'll have to stay tuned. It's way too much of a fresh wound for me to discuss right now... There are no Harry's this year, but I'm thinking I'd take him back any day!











1 comment:

  1. You've returned! I've missed your posts. Pippa's room looks GREAT! ...So where are all of your clothes?!

    ReplyDelete