I know it has been like half a year since I last blogged. Let me tell you, I came down with a terrible case of bloggers block! That's a real thing, I think. It started with a little spring fever and then only got worse after I found out about the little human growing inside me. That news was distracting and it somehow made all of my once "cute and hilarious" kiddies, seem not so "cute" or "hilarious" at all! AND then....it got even worse when I started actually feeling the side effects of having a little human grow inside of you. That was a little rough. But it didn't last that long (thank the heavens!), so my other excuse is that the "bloggers block" had gone on for SO long that coming back was an intimidating task! That was really long excuse, but I think it is a pretty good one! No one gets mad at pregnant women do they!?!
Okay, now that that is done, I need to tell you something totally baby related; but I promise this will not turn into an annoying baby blog! Don't you want to know want to know why I'm so inspired to blog today?
Jon's mom called me and told me that she met with the peeps from Southern Lady magazine today about the next six projects she will do for the magazine and.....they are going to use the nursery as one of them! That may have been confusing. Jon's mom, Leigh, and her partner, Catarina are the talented curtain/anything having to do with fabric ladies from Pate-Meadows Designs! They make and sell patterns for curtains and have pre-made "curtains to go" line.
Now go click on that link above and look around, but then come back here! They do a project in each issue of Southern Lady magazine. On the website, you can check it all out if you click on the "press" tab. SO, the Baby Pate's nursery will be in the March/April issue, which means they do the shoot in November. Are y'all feeling this pressure to make it perfect that I'm feeling? Luckily, Jon is ridiculously handy and his mother may be even more so. I have faith that it will be BEAUTIFUL. I have a picture in my head so I'm super anxious to get started, but trying to stay sane and not rush the process!
I'm going to try and be a good blogger and take good before and after pics. I could show the before pics now, but I don't know how long it will be before we make any progress and I don't want those images marinating in your heads too long!
I will let you marinate on this little guy for a while, who came
down from the Pate's attic. I love his little fro!

yay you're back!!!!! I've missed you! I can hardly wait to see the transformation of Baby Pate's nursery.
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Congrats on baby pate! I can't wait to see what you do with the nursery!!
ReplyDeleteps- I've got a new blog...
www.justatouchofgray.blogspot.com
AY! Congrats on Baby Pate! So exciting!!!!! Hope you are feeling great and that I see yall soon.
ReplyDelete