OMG! I cannot believe I almost forgot to share this. Well actually, I can believe it because it scarred me a little bit. I have told a couple peeps about it, but I wasn't quite ready to type it out.
Last Friday, during math time, "Pepe" we will call him, asked me to go to the "mathroom" as he calls it. Well, he actually say "I can go to the mathroom?" I'm sure you have caught on that Pepe is one of my little Hispanic boys and he can't say "bathroom" very well. So anyway, I told him yes and then twenty minutes later he asked me again and, I told him no, he needed to get his work finished. We were working on subtraction for the first time and they were SO confused.
I was walking around helping kids when Pepe yelled "Miss Pate, my boo boo just fell out!"
me-"Your what?"
Pepe-"My boo boo just fell out!"
He was holding his hand out and as soon I looked at it I knew what "boo boo" meant. "Boo boo" is code for big turd! I'm sorry about that, but it's true and I don't feel bad for making you read that because I'm the one who had to look at it!
So I proceeded to freak out and ask him where that came from and he said he didn't know- it just fell out. Then Pepe threw it in the trash can! I freaked out some more and told him THAT IS NOT WHERE THAT GOES! Another student escorted Pepe to the bathroom so he could flush it like a normal human. He went to the nurse, and I gave the whole class a Lysol shower. Luckily, I'm pretty tight with Miss Tina the custodian and she came in to mop immediately! You would be surprised how many teachers do not see the importance of making friends with the custodians!
So moral of the story is: Let Pepe go to the "mathroom" whenever he asks or he may just shake a boo boo out of his pants leg.
No comments:
Post a Comment