Thursday, September 30, 2010

I hate to tell you this...

One of my favorite little friends made a funny today. We'll call him Cardarius. My kids have book boxes that they keep about three books in to bring to their desk when they finish something early. Cardarius came to my desk and said:

"Miss Pate, I need new books. These are English books!" 

"What language books do you think you need?"

"I don't know, but I can't read these English books!" 

"That's not because it's the wrong language; you just can't read all of those words yet."

"Oohhhh".

 He thought he had it all figured it out-Mrs. Pate stocks her room full of books in some crazy foreign language! I'm actually surprised more of them don't come to me with this same problem. When nobody at home ever reads a book with you, it probably does look like a foreign language! 

And if you are wondering why this post is titled "I hate to tell you this...", it's just because that's Harry's new thing. He says it all day, but he won't say the rest. I get his sayings stuck in my head. If he ever finishes that sentence, I'll be sure to let you know what it is. I'm actually kinda nervous.

What do you think it could be? 

But he also sings "Watch the show, then you'll know!" in a really high pitched voice. Maybe, if I can figure out what that show is and watch, I'll finally get it! I'm becoming a little "special" myself, I think. 

1 comment: